Tuesday, August 04, 2026

๐Œ๐ข๐š๐ฆ๐ข ๐ƒ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ... ๐‚๐จ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ฎ๐ญ ๐†๐ซ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐…๐š๐ซ๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ ๐Œ๐š๐ซ๐ค๐ž๐ญ

 At the Coconut Grove Farmers Market ...

Real Soul Food ...

When I lived in Miami in the early 80s every Saturday there was the Coconut Grove Farmers Market. An assortment of sellers on a big empty lot in town selling all kinds of things.

Local Honey. Sun dried Bananas. Conch Salad. Local produce. Exotic tropical fruits. And, vendors of all sorts of other this and that's. Hippie stuff like incense and candles for those groovy languid Miami nights.

The lady pictured stands out in memory. She was most kind to me. I got a table set up just for me on the side of her selling area, and was served a freshly make delicious meal of fried Catfish and Corn Meal battered fried Okra. 

I lived alone there, living into the role of "... as lonely as a Gentile in Miami". I just recently discovered this photo portrait, and so fondly remember her kindness. 


No comments: