Sunday, May 23, 2021

Words ... What are They Good For?

We may be passing through a portal that seems to beckon at the other side of it a whole new redefinition of, what? Well, just about everything. 

I recently was called a "troll" in a social media thread. It was a political topic. So, if you know about politics on social media, you keep clear, or you venture where angels fear to tread. My name is David Daniel, so I'm disposed of by genetics to tackle injustice and iniquity and inequity fearlessly when I see it. [Well, maybe not those two bruisers I saw coming out of the Bagel bakery this morning. Michele is the muscle between the two of us.]

An Internet troll as I read it is someone who purposely tries to incite and/or upset. Disrupt. I do have leanings in that category. Mostly, though, with trying to be a smart-ass, wise guy or comedian. [Mixed reviews there.] But in the case to which I'm referring the guy called me a troll because he disagreed with my position and I failed to be cowed into agreement. Troll. No. So call me pisher.

Which brings up the larger topic. Seems words are now highly fungible. [Well, in my day, sonny ... boys were boys, and girls were girls. Now, "Have you always been a female is an everyday pickup line".] Parents are even encouraging their very young to consider which gender to go with. Drag queen boys are celebrated. 

On top of the list ... "Infrastructure". Well, in Joe-World, it's anything you want it to be. No big deal when its a topic at a cocktail party. But, when it comes to how government spending is directed ... bone up on the news. [Which makes me think how ironic it is that Trump 45 is a crown prince of infrastructure. But, no. We have Joe and Kamala to steer us down that road. We'll see. Let us pray.]

An "insurrection." Arguable term. Witness the two sides of that issue. On one side Republican Representative Andrew Clyde taking issue with that term relative to the January 6 Capital violence. Also, putting a pretty tasty piece of fish for Nancy to pounce on over how things on that day appeared. In case you are not up to speed on the nitty-gritty of that kerfuffle, take a look:

Who can forget "Kids in cages". Or, as AOC put it, "Concentration Camps". Under Joe 45 we have a zillion more kids in custody, but compassionately; behind plexiglass partitions.

Speaking of AOC here's her at her logical best on the point of calling what's been happening on Joe's border:

If you are engaged by this article then you're probably wondering what that girly-boy photo has to do with it. It bears on the subject of how things have gotten so relative. As I said, I grew up in a time when boys were boys, and girls were girls. If you wanted to tell the difference all's you had to do was pull down their genes. 

Now, well ... anything goes. Parents are now proudly encouraging their youth to choose their gender. The media refer to it as "inspiring". [By the way, in case it has escaped you, this "born that way" trope has no scientific validation whatsoever. Take that, you who cry the righteous banner of Science! Prove me wrong.]



No comments:

๐ˆ๐๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ

  "Who am I?" That ultimate question is one for which there can be no answer. The question dissolves the questioner; the false sen...