Friday, May 05, 2023

Lessons from Rebecca

I once new a young woman named Rebecca. Her deal was walking around under a cloud labelled "NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK". Her conversation was larded with that neurotic ground strata. Her facial expression; posture too. Defeated by impossibility.

Like the guy who runs into the emergency room at a hospital screaming at the top of his lungs, "I can't breathe! I can't breathe!". No amount or manner of pointing out the obvious does any good. You know, in order to scream like that you need to have breath. Yet, he's convinced otherwise.

Young, forlorn Rebecca was in the same self-set trap. No amount or manner of telling her that her mental position ITSELF was the obstacle. 

When you see that operating in an individual you may choose different approaches. Only to get yourself trapped into that self-defeating kabuki. Getting inveigled into a dance where you try your best to help the situation with remedies of one sort or another. Or, you go for the jugular, and point out the ground of being position where if nothing seems to work, then nothing will work. Endless pursuit of remedies; but, to no avail. Until that "Nothing Seems To Work" idea gets released. And, until then, nothing seems to work. 

Capische?

It's easy to see such fallacies held by others. But, what does what I see in those others show me? About me?

The epiphany for me has been seeing how that which I clearly see operating in others is in fact operating in me. Not just as an idea. But, to see it directly. The many and sundry attempts to break through that wall of nothing working has left me behind my own wall of nothing working. 

The salvation is in seeing the falseness of that position. The falseness of seeing the holding of that position. The falseness of holding itself.

Aren't we all just a little too tired of dragging our hearts around?

Healer ... heal thyself.

PS ... The surname given me is "David". Middle name, "Daniel". So, like my namesakes of yore, don't count me out. I've discovered that accepting that I hold "Nothing Seems To Work" as a life filter ... in that acceptance there is workability.



No comments:

Five basic qualities of the nature of mind ~ Kalu Rinpoche

~ Kalu Rinpoche Five basic qualities of the nature of mind:  "Empty, luminous, and infinite in potential, mind can be understood as ha...