Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Rethinking That Jesus

Just sayin' ... one man's satire and hyperbole is another's blasphemy.

You know That Jesus. The fulfillment of the Old Testament. To some, anyway. The Savior of the world. God's only Begotten Son. Born of the Virgin Mary.

That Jesus.

Now we are in a cultural maelstrom where everything is being examined and sorted out over transgressions in the past — John Wayne said some racist stuff. Chris Columbus, apparently not such a good guy [people with degrees from Columbia are getting nervous]. Michael Jackson, you know what that makes you if you still listen to his tunes. 

So watup with Jesus.

Jesus. World Redeemer? Or, world class prurient sexual predator of biblical proportions? One name need only be mentioned: Mary Magdalene. In case you haven't heard the gossip, she was a known prostitute, and Jesus was a friend. "Friend." Hmmm.

There's that much disputed biblical reference to how Jesus didn't want Mary Magdeline to touch him after the Resurrection. In Latin it goes, "Noli Me Tรกngere". "Don't touch me." It's a speculation about WTF that was all about. Not worthy? Lover's quarrel. Jesus ... jealous. My contribution, "I just rose from the dead and all you want is a Tangerine!!!" Wild speculation: "Meet me in Tangiers."

Side Note: Dear Jesus, forgive me [for I know not what I do]. I'm putting all my chips down betting you have a sense of humor about yourself. Notwithstanding the portrayal we get from all those clerics who present themselves with folded hands, speaking in prayerful hushed tones, singing doleful chants, and just being sooo spiritual in you name. My take, the more "spiritual" it appears, the more likely the opposite is the case. One word, pedophelia. And, let's not forget the celebrity evangelists. There's money in religion. In God We Trust.

But I digress.

This is all about pointing out the batshit absurdity we're seeing in the news. Things like statues coming down. Racist? Better to look into the small fraction who aren't racists. Reparations? Hey, I'm Polish. How about all those offensive Polish jokes. Hand me some cash. He sexually molested me! Okay, out he goes. What  no due process? Believe women. [Nancy Pelosi is a woman.] The Dixie Chicks, now the Chicks. Hey, you chicks! That term is offensive too. Dumb bitches!

Seems you can't avoid offending someone over something; somewhere, sometime.


A Poem for Judgement Day

We did it all
we did it all
We made it all happen
And, that
and, that
and that ... And

You say the world needs fixin'. So it seems. Consider how if one wants to do some good in the world, maybe they should fix themselves first. Otherwise you're only making matters worse, all your so called good intentions notwithstanding. Blind leading the blind kind of thing. 

But, hey! Don't confuse me with the facts.

No comments:

Solving the Political Divide ...the End of the Road

So from where I sit the political scene in the US of A currently in this election year 2024 is essentially an end point on the pairs of oppo...