Saturday, April 29, 2023

You Be You

I spoke to the Lord. “Lord.” As in "The Lord". 

[BTW, let's not quibble about what you call Him. Opps! Her? (Words!) Whatever. You know ... The One. Who's in the drivers seat.]

I said, [to The Lord] “What should I do?”

“Be yourself!”

“How do I do that?”, Lord.

“Be yourself! Just the way you are.”

“So, Lord. Let me get this straight. You’re okay with me just the way I am?”

“Yes!”

“Absolutely?”

“Pretty much. But there are a few things we need to look after before you.”

"Like what!?"

"Like what I said! Be yourself!"

"And then what?"

"Then what needs be done I'll put on your plate."

"What if it's too much? Or, I'm not enough?"

"If you're enough for me, you can trust that you're enough. And remember ... that's who you are just being just the way you are". 

"Then, what needs to be done is to get a bigger plate!?" 

"C'mon man, this is as simple as it gets!. Makes me want to use my own name as a swear word. Don't tempt me!"

"Yes, Lord."




No comments:

Five basic qualities of the nature of mind ~ Kalu Rinpoche

~ Kalu Rinpoche Five basic qualities of the nature of mind:  "Empty, luminous, and infinite in potential, mind can be understood as ha...