Thursday, November 01, 2018

Taxi Dave 2018

Taxing Cab Stories 2018




"How's it hangin'? 
"I'm David S. Pumpkins! 
"And, I'm gonna scare the hell out of YOU! 
"Any questions?"

Watch This:



Gotcha! Drinking AND Driving!

Stop!!!


Did you see me?"


"Make it snappy, bud, I only got 5 minutes."


"Take me to your leader."


Yo, Jeff! Here's a bright new idea. How about getting better bags at your new supermarket? The ones with weak, breakable handles need to be double bagged. A better bag might cost a little more, but a net savings.


"I'm not only gonna tell you what to think, I'm gonna tell you how to drive. Bitch!"


He's my neighbor. Slightly higher on the mountain, however.


 Dude? "No, Dud!"


"Sesame Street ... Do you know the way?"


I'm down with the message. But, I gotta say ... your demeanor outside that temple! And, hanging with a prostitute???

"Columbus may have discovered America, but my Vaughn here discovered the Oyster!" I asked her to explain, and she said it was when he went "yodeling in the canyon". 


"What do I have to say to get your vote?"

[We should admire rhetorical flexibility in our political leaders.]

 It is a thing I'm pondering how such a bold faced [IMHO] opportunistic panderer can get away with casting himself as a patriot. I would imagine the good Senator would do the right thing, all things being equal. I don't believe he's out to do bad, as such. But, if winning an election requires bad, then he's my guy to dress that pig in a sequined strapless gown.

"If I tell you how to get there, you can be sure it's the best way! And ... Get me to the White House, 2020! 2024, the latest!"

Yes, ma'am. I'll put cruise control in "PANDERING" mode.

Recently saw a clip of Senator Kamala Harris asserting how she was speaking truth to power.

The shibboeth "Speaking truth to power" seems to have evolved to the point of conferring actual factual truth on what another is saying, or upon the one making a claim of doing so.

And, there now seems to be a whole class of citizens who need not think beyond their knee jerk salute of ascent to whomever makes such a claim.

All the obvious outraged energy notwiithstanding, I can't help bt think that more than a few of the vehement protesters have become unwitting pawns in a political game.

And, lest someone come at me for saying this and branding me a imbecile right winger, I see speechifying on all sides passing around their convenient and rousing statements as truth. When in fact all that's really intended is to prod you into agreement by stroking your prejudices and preexisting biases.


Madamme De Gaule [who didn't speak much English and was considered rather a prude], what in your own life is the most important thing?

"Ha ... PEE ... ness."


"No, I'm not really a pirate. But, do you have change for a dabloon?"

Hey, guys, there's no smoking in this cab!
"It's alright, we're French."


"I could'a been a contender!"


Beatles fans? Or, Democrats?


Ye! 2024!


"Ah-wanchu-go-dowtow!"

Bitch! Please!

"Pr-r-r-r-r-t! E-E-E-E-yow!"


HUGE: Certainly larger than life.


"Will my Wampum be sufficient?"

Her story was compelling ... and credible.

"It was a party. Somewhere in London. I think it was London; West End. I remember that much because it was posh; could've been Shepherd's Bush. Can't say for sure.

"And ... Dear Madge will back me up on this!***  

"Anyhow ... I saw him there. We got on well enough. At first. Then when I was leaving the WC after a tinkle, he came out of nowhere and picked me up like a caveman, and carried me into the laundry room. He threw me down on a pile of laundry — I didn't mind, and that's how come I knew it was rather a posh affair: because the linens were still fairly well pressed and smelling of Lavender sachet. 

"Wordlessly he piled on top of me on that pile and began to explore, let's just say, 'between the sheets'. Long story short, he had his way. 

"Then he stopped!"

Driver: That must've been a relief.

"No, not really!"

Driver: How come?

"He stopped!!!"

*** In an interesting bit of astonishing true synchronicity to other recent current events, Dear Madge has no recollection of any of this.

"We want to go to town!"

OK. I won't watch.

I liked you when you were a singer.

I'd like to drive away with it.

"I was nuts for her!"

Omarosa? Where you bin?

"Well, there's been the Mueller Probe, Cohen, Manifort, Papadopoulos, Aretha, Kavanaugh, #MeToo, Sessions, Rosenstein, Khashoggi, now the 'Caravan' ... and, all the rest of it. You do know I had a book out?"

[Short attention span of the citizenry. Short! Nil!]


"Memory Lane":




"Right over there. The house with the two doors."

Hey, Lady. Don't I know you from somewhere?


"I didn't want to say anything. You went past my stop."


"It DID happen in Vegas!"

"Any questions?"


Check out other years' rides ...

2014

2016

2017

2018





No comments: